ZigZag Cookie Notice
Thank you for visiting www.zigzag.dog (“Website”). This cookie notice applies to the Website, any website or branded pages on third party platforms (e.g. YouTube and Facebook) and applications accessed or used through such websites or platforms which are operated by or on behalf of Petcare Services Ltd. (“Zigzag Site”).
When using a mobile device to connect to the internet, you should also refer to the privacy notice of the specific App you are using to understand its specific data collection practices.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. See below for details on what information is collected by cookies and we use that information.
2. Other similar technologies
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may record IP Addresses for the following purposes: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security (iii) better understand how our websites are utilized, and (iv) to better tailor content to your needs depending on the country you are in.
We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record website activity and gather statistics about a user’s browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they've viewed on our website and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data.
We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on the Zigzag Sites. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data back to us. The information collected via web beacons may include information about how a user responds to an email campaign (e.g. the time the email is opened, where does the user link to from the email, etc.). We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes, including, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization.
We use the term "cookies" throughout this notice to also cover all similar technologies, including pixel tags.
4. What types of cookies are used on Zigzag Sites?
We use the following types of cookies on Zigzag Sites:
- Site functionality cookies
- Lifespan: As long as necessary
- These cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as registration, logging in and product favourites. If you disable these cookies certain parts of the website will not function for you, for example, adding items to your basket, proceeding to checkout.
- Site analytics cookies
- Lifespan: 90 days
- These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how you use our websites, apps and mobile platforms, to improve both its functionality and your experience.
- Customer preference cookies
- Lifespan: 90 days
- When you are browsing on our sites, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), and other information you choose to provide to us, so we can help tailor your experience and make it more relevant and personal to you.
- Advertising or targeting cookies
- Lifespan: 90 days
- These cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We may also use the information obtained via these cookies to serve you with advertising that may be of interest to you based on your past online behaviour on our sites or on third party sites. We may share this information with other parties, including our partners.
- Social media cookies
- Lifespan: 90 days
- These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on a Zigzag Site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
5. Manage your cookies/ preferences
You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of Zigzag Sites although you may not have access to all the features on Zigzag Sites if you do so. You should ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them. See the 'help' button on your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox) for how you can do this. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Additionally, where available, you can exercise your choice in allowing for cookies to be placed on your computer or to opt-out of cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company’s cookies you would like to opt out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
6. Notice Update
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information. We will place updates on Zigzag Sites and, where appropriate, we will notify of any changes by email.
This Cookie Notice was last updated February 2022.